Assistance Services in Stations
Since the start of 2011, based on its role as Station Manager as defined in EC Regulation 1371/2007 on Rail Passengers' Rights and Obligations, RFI provides services 24 hours a day to people with reduced mobility in a circuit of in 270 stations managed by 14 Sale Blu (Blue Rooms), points of hospitality and organization.
For the period of the Expo, is also active the Sala Blu of the Rho Fiera Milano Expo 2015 station, open daily from 8.00 to 23.00, supporting the Sala Blu of Milano Centrale for travelers arriving / departing the station of the Universal.
The purpose of Sale Blu is to ensure that travellers with reduced mobility have the following facilities:
• information on the assistance services available, and informative materials
• booking of the service
• availability of a wheelchair on demand
• guidance around the station, and accompanying to the train
• welcome on board at the arrival of the train in the station and guidance as far as the station exit, or to the next train
• lifting trolleys for wheelchair-bound travellers to get on and off the trains
• use of manual single-baggage trolleys free of charge on request.
• people using wheelchairs due to disease or disability (details)
• people who have limb problems, even if temporary, or difficulty getting around
• the elderly
• pregnant women
• the blind or visually impaired
• the deaf or persons with a hearing impairment
- by contacting the Railway Undertaking which provides the transport service;
- by calling 7/7, from 6.45 to 21.30, including public holidays:
> ABROAD: sala Blu of ROME: +39 06 47308579
> FROM ITALY: one of the 14 Sale Blu RFI by:
- free call number 800 90 60 60 (from landlines only)
- ordinary rate number 02.32.32.32 from landline or a mobile phone
- dedicated national number 199 30 30 60 (from landline or a mobile phone *).
The number will be active until 28.2.2017
- by going directly to one of the SALE BLU;
- by sending an e-mail to one of the SALA BLU's mailboxes with details of:
- the departure and return travel date(s), and any preferred times of travel;
- the kind of support required (eg if a fork-lift truck and/or wheelchair is needed) a contact telephone number, in case it is needed for organizing the journey.
(*) calls from a landline in Italy will be charged at 6.12 eurocents plus 2.64 eurocents a minute; mobile operators may charge more.
- To use a service booked in advance passengers should come to the agreed meeting point at the station 30 minutes before the departure time.
- To cancel a service booked in advance, please let the SALA BLU know at least 4 hours before the departure time.
- For assistance services available on board trains, apply to the Railway Undertaking
Services must be booked in advance during SALE BLU RFI opening times, with the following periods of notice:
► for international travel, requests for assistance must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to travel at the Sala Blu of reference stations stop for international trains chosen, or the Roma Termini Sala Blu ( SalaBlu.ROMA@rfi.it) or by fax ( +39.06.47308579)
► for national travel, requests for assistance:
- if via e-mail, it must be made at least 24 hours before
- if by the railway companies, by telephone or by going directly to the Blue Room , it must be made:
> for assistance in the 14 stations with the Sale Blu and in Bologna Central Station AV, Civitavecchia, Fiumicino Airport, Genova Brignole, Genova Piazza Principe Underground, Milano Porta Garibaldi, Milano Porta Garibaldi Underground, Napoli Piazza Garibaldi, Padova,Palermo Central Station, Pisa Central Station, Roma Tiburtina, Salerno, Torino Porta Susa e Venezia Mestre:
- at least 12 hours prior to services during the hours 22:31 to 7:44
> for assistance in one of the other stations in the circuit:
- at least 12 hours before, for assistance services taking into consideration the opening hours of Sala Blu.
- The time slots are referred to scheduled times of departure/arrival.
- In service planning at the departure , the Blue Room of contact offers an appointment at one of the meeting points available, with an advance of up to 30 minutes (45 minutes for Bologna Station only).
- Minimum time of service request: for the execution of the service, RFI is obliged to abide by the provisions of art. 24 of Regulation (EC) 1371/2007 laying down the "Conditions under which assistance is provided." RFI also makes any possible effort to adapt its organization to the timing in use in the period before the entry into force of the Regulation - without this being obligation or reason for claim by a third party.
OUR STATION NETWORK FOR PEOPLE WITH REDUCED MOBILITY